Certificate IV in dance
AUDITIONING NOW FOR 2021 AND 2022
Qld National Ballet School's Certificate IV in Dance CUA40311 is a 2/3 year training course for dancers 13yrs+ , Structured for our younger students wanting to take the next step into full-time training, the Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 focuses on developing our young dancers while offering flexibility in completing their academic schooling through Distance Education 3-5 Days (Cairns School of Distance Education offer a subsidised fee) or Local Academic Schools 1-2 Days.
Graduates of the Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 will have gained a high level of skills & technical ability, giving them the competitive edge in the audition room. This course is highly popular to complete as a stepping stone into the Advanced Diploma f Dance (Elite Performance) CUA60113.
A guided career pathway for performers, Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 gives you every opportunity to
expand your skills, nurture your versatility & explore your artistic self-expression.
Students of the Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 will receive the highest level of training from many former professional dancers or prestigious dance trainer.
Credit for the completion of the Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 may be banked for the student with the Queensland Studies Authority and may contribute to the issuance of a Queensland Certificate of Education, they may also be credited toward an OP equivalent score: awarded by the Queensland Tertiary Application Centre, for students seeking higher education pathways.
Duration - options available for Certificate IV in Dance CUA40311
- Full-time, 3/5 days per week (Saturdays optional) or
- Part-time, 1 or 2 days per week in conjunction with local academic schools.
- Acceptance by Audition Only
- Minimum age: 12 years old as at 1 January 2021
- Limited places are available.
The Aims of the Queensland National Ballet School's Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 are:-
- Students receive the highest professional standard of dance, coaching and teaching.
- Students develop strong overall technique in all aspects of classical ballet, contemporary and repertoire.
- Students learn the professional aspect of dance and the life of a dancer.
- The development of performance skills at professional level.
- The development of a professional attitude with respect to personal health and fitness.
- Work ethic.
- Personal commitment.
- Life skills.
- Instill in students the necessary discipline, self-motivation and creativity to succeed in any chosen dance career.
- Provides students with the opportunity of completing a Government Accredited Course, whilst completing school studies through distance education.
Classes offered- Monday to Friday 9:00 (Saturday classes available)
- Russian Vaganova based Open Classical Classes
- Syllabus ballet classes with the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet
- Pas de duex (partnering)
- Repertoire (classical and contemporary)
- Commercial Jazz
- Specialized boys classes
- Stretch classes
- Cardio and strength
- Audition Skills
- Production/design/stage craft
- Performance Make up and Hair
- Personal Development
Certificate IV in Dance CUA40113 Units
CUADAN408 Develop expertise in ballet technique
CUADAN409 Develop expertise in contemporary dance technique
CUADAN403 Develop expertise in jazz dance technique
CUADAN303 Develop dance partnering skills
CUACIR301 Perform basic on ground acrobatic techniques
CUAWHS401 Apply movement and behavioral principals to physical conditioning
CUACHR403 Develop choreography skills
CUACHR401 Create and perform dance piece
CUAMUP301 Prepare personal appearance for performance
CUAPRF304 Develop audition techniques
CUVPRP404 Develop self as an artist
CUADAN407 Develop expertise in dance performance technique
CUAPRF404 Refine movement skills for performance
CUAPRF405 Rehearse technique for performance
WHAT IS VAGANOVA METHOD OF CLASSICAL BALLET AND THE AUSTRALIA CONSERVATOIRE OF BALLET SYLLABUS
Many of the greatest stars in the history of classical ballet came from the Vaganova method. These include Anna Pavlova, Rudolph Nureyev, Mikhail Baryshnikov, George Balanchine, and modern dancers include Diana Vishneva, Ulyana Lopatkina, Ivan Vasilev, Svetlana Zakharova, Evgenia Obraztsova, Maria Kochetkova, Natalia Osipova, Polina Semionova, Maria Khoreva and many many more.
They all had teachers who studied the Vaganova method their whole lives and passed it on with diligence. It’s no surprise: Many students aspiring to become professionals choose this method as a foundation for their classical technique. Our students are strictly trained in the Russian Vaganova Method and Syllabus (Australian Conservatoire of Ballet- ACB) as the Vaganova Method is predominantly use the most prestigious school around the world.